Our Guests on the show today are Illiana and Wild Dracos
- Bondage is the practice of consensually tying, binding, or restraining a partner for erotic, aesthetic, or somatosensory stimulation. Rope, cuffs, bondage tape, self-adhering bandage, or other physical restraints may be used for this purpose.
- Shibari is a whole entire subject on it’s own.
- Safety is a huge factor in all forms of bondage. The top must be prepared for emergencies and have a plan to release the bottom quickly.
- The bottom should prepare themselves both mentally and physically.
- Bondage is also presented in erotic and mainstream literary forms, including cartoons and magazines, and depicted in erotic art, such as some of the works of Gustave Doré and John Everett Millais. The mythical Andromeda was a popular subject for bondage in art by painters including Rembrandt’s Andromeda Chained to the Rocks (1630), Théodore Chassériau (1840), Edward Poynter (1869) and Gustave Doré (1869).
- A popular motif in the days of silent film and into the 1930’s were “damsels in distress” with the actress often bound on railroad tracks or in other forms.
- Depictions of bondage in art may be erotic, in which case they follow a heteronormative model and tend to depict a young woman in danger and fear. Bizarre was a fetish and bondage magazine published between 1946–1959 by bondage artist John Willie. It included drawings and photographs using professional bondage models in bondage or sadomasochistic scenes. Sweet Gwendoline was the main female character in his works, published largely in the 1950s and 60’s, and possibly the most famous bondage icon after Bettie Page.
- Bondage in mainstream media became more and more normalized (if depicted on the lighter bondage side).
- By the 1990s, references to bondage could be found in mainstream prime-time television series such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where equipment such as handcuffs or collars and concepts such as the safeword were included as a matter of course
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email on Fetlife.com – ReverendTodd , -Tbone-, NrthnRebl
Patreon Support – https://www.patreon.com/ascensionshow
The Show Website – https://theascensionshow.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/theascensionshow/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AscensionShow